Thoughts about going's on
Coming to Life
Back to Catalogue
Developing Leaders Hanbook
"He took David from tending the ewes and lambs and made him shepherd of Jacob's descendants - God's own people, Israel. He cared for them with a
and led them with
." Psalm 78:71,72.
Leadership development does not just happen. It takes the skills and observations of others further along the journey to help us see our flaws, vulnerabilities, and weaknesses. It also takes the keen eye of developed leaders to help us identify a process towards growth.
What is the focus of our development?
The two aspects of leadership we are intentionally developing in the INTERNSHIP are skills (ministry & leadership) and character (ministry & Leadership). We look at the development of skills and character through a process defined as
- giving your life away
-Calling out through service
- Helping them help the next ones
- Serving leaders and equippers to be a working team
What is an effective way to develop leaders?
We have found that the best way to develope leaders is through a mentoring process. The mentoring process involves the following stages
• Creating a safe environment
• Assessing the status of skills of character
• Determining obstacles of growth in skills and character
• Creating a pathway to growth
• Understanding your role as a mentor in their life
• Mentoring is a process and a result
all content copyright 2004 Todd Rutkowski